Due to state employee furloughs, call center and staff response time may be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Find resources for behavioral health professionals.
- Concept of trauma and guidance for a trauma-informed approach (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA))
The following online courses on trauma-informed approach (TIA) are available in English and Spanish:
- TIA overview for everyone
- TIA for agency leaders
- TIA for staff
- TIA for supervisors
To register to take these courses:
- Register for TIA trainings
- You will receive a welcome invitation from TIA Washington to access the courses
Resources for organizations who received trauma-informed approach grants
- Agency self-assessment (Trauma-Informed Care Project)
- Organizational self-assessment: adoption of trauma-informed care practice (National Council for Behavioral Health)
- Trauma-informed care organizational self-assessment for consumer-run recovery organizations (Wisconsin Department of Health Services)
- Creating trauma-informed care environments: an organizational self-assessment (University of South Florida)
- TreSIA self-assessment (ePower and Associates)
- Trauma-informed organizational self-assessment for child abuse prevention agencies (Wisconsin Children’s Trust Fund)
- Shift your perspective trauma-informed care: trauma-informed care (TIC) organizational self assessment
- System of Care (SOC) trauma-informed agency assessment (TIAA) overview
- Trauma-informed organizational toolkit (The National Center on Family Homelessness)