Due to state employee furloughs, call center and staff response time may be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
SEBB Continuation Coverage
On April 2, 2020, the School Employees Benefits Board (SEB Board) met telephonically and approved two resolutions related to continuation coverage (COBRA and Unpaid Leave) extending enrollment timelines and the maximum coverage period during the COVID-19 state of emergency proclaimed in Governor Jay Inslee’s Proclamation 20-05. Learn more about the approved resolutions.
The SEBB Program offers one or more ways for you and your dependents, if eligible, to continue SEBB Program coverage.
- SEBB Continuation Coverage (COBRA) — a temporary extension of SEBB health plan coverage available to SEBB members defined as qualified beneficiaries under federal Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) rules, and for state-registered domestic partners and their children, based on RCW 26.60.015 and SEBB policy resolution that extends SEBB coverage for dependents not otherwise eligible for COBRA. Coverage may be temporarily extended only if the SEBB member experiences a qualifying event.
- SEBB Continuation Coverage (Unpaid Leave) — a temporary extension of SEBB insurance coverage for employees who lose eligibility for the employer contribution toward insurance coverage due to specific types of leave.
In this section you will find information about:
- Eligibility and enrollment. Learn about when eligibility and coverage begins, who is eligible for coverage, and how to enroll.
- Medical plans and benefits. Explore the medical plans and benefits available.
- Dental plans and benefits. Learn about the dental plans and benefits available.
- Vision plans and benefits. Explore the vision plans and benefits available.
- Additional benefits. Learn about other benefit options available.
- Plan costs. Find out the monthly costs of your health plans.
- Surcharges.Find out if the tobacco use premium surcharge and the spouse or state-registered domestic partner coverage premium surcharge apply to you.
- Change your coverage. Learn the requirements to make changes to your coverage.
- Find a provider. Use the plan provider directories to find a provider.
- Contact the plans. Contact information for your plan.