Due to state employee furloughs, call center and staff response time may be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Mental health services
The Health Care Authority (HCA) provides funding and oversight for mental health services for people enrolled in Apple Health (Medicaid).
Do you need immediate assistance?
On this page
In Washington, the name of Medicaid is Washington Apple Health.
To apply for Apple Health coverage, visit Washington Healthplanfinder.
If you are currently an Apple Health client and are seeking mental health services, you have coverage. Contact your managed care plan (or contact the Health Care Authority (HCA) if you have not enrolled in managed care).
We support the following types of mental health services:
- Crisis — acute/inpatient mental health care
- Services for American Indians/Alaska Natives
- State psychiatric hospitals
- Services for children
- Peer support
For complete details about Apple Health mental health services, download the Behavioral Health Benefits book.
Learn more about:
- Ricky's Law-involuntary treatment
- Behavioral health - administrative services organizations (BH-ASO)
- Client rights
- Disaster outreach
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Filing a petition to detain a family member (Joel's Law)
- How to get treatment if you have Apple Health (Medicaid)
- Mental health advance directives
- Mental health for older adults
- Ombudsman services
- Signs of a mental health condition