Due to state employee furloughs, call center and staff response time may be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Clinical collaboration and initiatives
We strive to make decisions about health care coverage based on the very best available evidence and quality standards, working with health care providers, scientists, manufacturers and others.
Led by our chief medical officer, we support several clinical collaborations and initiatives to help ensure the more than 2 million Washington residents for whom we purchase health care--through Apple Health (Medicaid), the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program, and the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program--get access to high-quality care.
How do I...
Through our clinical collaborations, we work to:
- Identify and recommend evidence-based strategies to reduce cost and improve outcomes in health care.
- Educate Washington residents about the proper use of emergency rooms.
- Work with providers and hospitals to improve mother and child outcomes and decrease nonmedically indicated C-sections and inductions.
- Provide opportunities for community providers to communicate directly to senior staff at state agencies.
- Maximize opportunities for clients to receive effective treatment for substance use disorders.
- Work with community health care groups to improve the quality of mental health prescribing practices in our state.
- Identify and develop evidence-based bleeding disorder practices to share with health care providers.
- Develop patient decision aids to empower people to share in decision-making when it comes to their own health and the health of their families.
For specific information about our efforts, go to what we're working on.