Due to state employee furloughs, call center and staff response time may be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.
Find information on the Health Care Authority's (HCA) Family Planning Only programs.
Notice: Beginning January 1, 2020 the Health Care Authority (HCA) will expand Family Planning Only programs for all Washington State residents who apply for services, regardless of immigration status. The Washington State Legislature authorized this change to expand eligibility to all its residents to qualify for these services. Clients may apply now, but the expanded population is not eligible for the benefit until January 1, 2020.
What are the changes?
Family Planning Only – Pregnancy Related serves recently pregnant clients who lose Apple Health coverage after their 60-day post pregnancy ends.
Family Planning Only serves uninsured individuals seeking to prevent unintended pregnancy, and teens and domestic violence victims requesting confidential family planning services.
Provider network and enrollment
Clients using either of the Family Planning Only programs can seek family planning services through any Apple Health provider.
Enrollment for Family Planning Only – Pregnancy Related remains automatic. Clients interested in Family Planning Only services can apply for benefits over the phone or in-person with an eligible Apple Health provider. Clients can also apply by fax, email, or mail without provider assistance. In that case, clients should make sure they transmit or mail the application securely.
Is there provider training for my practice?
Yes. HCA held a webinar training for providers, patient navigators, billing staff, or anyone who works with the family planning programs.
Please see the webinar recording and slide deck from the Family Planning Provider webinar:
- Family Planning Only Programs expansion webinar recording (December 2019)
- Family Planning Only Programs expansion slide deck (December 2019)
- Family Planning Only Programs expansion webinar Q&A (December 2019)
Are there quick reference materials for my practice?
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Will the changes in the Family Planning Only programs cause any changes to the RAC codes or the ACES program codes assigned to these programs?
- The changes to the Family Planning Only programs will not cause any changes to RAC codes or any changes to the ACE program codes.
What is a qualified immigrant?
- Qualified immigrants are those who are lawfully permitted to remain in the U.S. and qualify for Apple Health.
What will the abbreviations look like in ProviderOne (P1) for Family Planning Only – Pregnancy Related and Family Planning Only?
- The abbreviations in P1 will remain the same at this time.
Must a person be documented to apply for this program or can undocumented people apply?
- There are two Family Planning Only programs. The eligibility requirements are not changing July 1, 2019. Changes are detailed in the eligibility fact sheet.