Due to state employee furloughs, call center and staff response time may be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to COVID-19, HCA’s lobby is closed. Learn more about your customer service options.

FAQs for school administrators

The following frequently asked questions (FAQs) help you understand the SEBB Program and how it affects your school district, educational service district, or charter school.

Questions about corona virus and eligibility during school closures? See Information about novel corona virus (COVID-19).

Yes. If you cover each other, your spouse’s or state-registered domestic partner’s primary coverage would be through the PEBB Program. Their secondary coverage would be through the SEBB Program. Your primary coverage would be through the SEBB Program and your secondary coverage would be through the PEBB Program. In this scenario, you would not incur the monthly $50 spouse or state-registered domestic partner coverage premium surcharge because neither waived coverage.

However, if your spouse or state-registered domestic partner waives medical coverage and enrolls on your account (or vice versa), you would incur the $50 spouse or state-registered domestic partner coverage premium surcharge in addition to your monthly premiums.

Yes. To avoid the tobacco use premium surcharge, you must attest that neither you nor your enrolled dependents (if any) use tobacco. For more on this, visit the Tobacco use surcharge webpage.

To update your address, contact your payroll or benefits office. You cannot update your contact information in SEBB My Account.

No, but each school district, charter school, and ESD can pursue an employee assistance program on their own.

Yes, SEBB My Account follows the Americans with Disabilities Rehabilitation Act (ADA) Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. This includes making the system friendly for screen readers to read textual information.

Yes. Dependent verification documents must be submitted by the end of annual open enrollment, so they can be verified before January 1 the following year. For newly hired employees, dependent verification must be submitted within the SEBB Program timelines.

Yes. Paid holiday hours and paid approved leave hours, such as sick leave, personal leave, and bereavement leave, count toward the 630 hours. See How to determine eligibility.

No. You only pay the employee share of the monthly medical premium. There are no school employee premiums for dental, vision, basic life, basic accidental death and dismemberment, and basic long-term disability insurance. These benefits premiums are paid for by your employer. However, you do pay copay or coinsurance for health care services received under your medical, dental, and vision coverage.